Wednesday, April 25, 2012
State Testing
For those of you not in NYS right now we are on day 4 of a 6 day series of tests (ELA for 3 days, math for 3) and that's not all of the tests. These tests are each 90 minutes long (per day) and impact the schedules of 3rd to 8th graders all across the states. I'm not a fan of such long tests as I feel that students tend to finish them and don't care much about the results. Regardless, I'm administering one for the rest of this week and I have worked my observation/work schedule around them for next week as well. It's helpful for substitutes to have the tests as teachers get removed from the classroom to grade the tests, but still teachers belong in the classroom as I'm sure they would agree with. We'll see what the rest of this week brings (other than nice weather :) )
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment