Sunday, April 22, 2012
Camp
As I have been researching the benefits and history of camp I have come to realize just how blessed I am to have been able to go to camp. I went to day camps, weeklong resident camps, and winter snowcamps then volunteered at day camps and snowcamp. I have also worked (for pay) at weeklong resident camps, three week academic camps, and now a full season camp. All of these different experiences have helped prepare me for life at college, studying abroad, and also teaching. I have been able to connect with people who live all around the world through camps and have learned so much about myself. If you have not had the privilege to attend camp or work at one, I recommend it as it is an experience I feel every child and adult should be able to have. It's helped make me who I am today and I can't wait to help influence the lives of more campers this summer!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment