This weekend some of my many loved children became calling me Mamma... a different heard for many years. Now none of these children are legally mine, and some aren't even younger than I am. Regardless, my love for them is constant and my family keeps growing. I would do anything for them and I pray that they all know that. They ask me questions, ask for favors, and show me their love in a variety of forms. Whatever they need (not want), I'm willing to help support them to get them there.
If I love these "children" so much when I did not meet them before they were 17ish, how much more would I love my own child who I knew from the day they were conceived? Camps recognize that they are intrusted with the parents most precious belonging. Children are a wonderful gift and I know that while I am not a biological one now (nor do I desire to be at this time in my life), I can love the body of Christ like a mother loves her children.
God, our Heavenly Father, who know all things and does all things for His children, loved us enough to send his only biological son to the earth to save us. And who are we? The sinners of this world. For us, God allowed His own Son to die so that He was able to adopt anyone who wanted to into His family. I am blessed to know that God loves me enough to send His son to die for me... and would have sent Jesus to die even if I was the only person on this earth. There is nothing He would have held back from saving us.
Are we willing to share that Love with others? Those who do not have loving earthly parents and need a loving Heavenly Father. Those who sin and still need to know that God came to them while they were still sinners. Those who are good people, but still need a Savior because none are righteous, no not one. We should be encouraged by Our Father's love for us and know that He is there to catch us when we fall so we can try anything. Are you sharing and enjoying the Love of God or are you rejecting it?
No comments:
Post a Comment