Sunday, April 8, 2012

Canoeing with Wind

As we were canoeing earlier today, the wind decided to pick up. The lake usually has no wind and is very easy for us to canoe on. As I taught my friends how to paddle and was in charge of the steering, it showed me how much control God has in my life. I had the power, strength, and wisdom to guide the boat where I wanted it to go no matter what the person in the bow did. She could paddle on left or the right, fast or slow, and I could still decide to turn the boat around in a minute. Even when the wind came and blew us to the side, I could overpower it to go the correct direction.
God is the same way. He's in the stern of my canoe in control of where the boat is going. I can try to paddle to help go in the same direction which speeds up the process. If I'm not listening to Him then I'll paddle against what He wants me to do. This makes it harder, but ultimately the choice in desination in still the same.
I hope that I am seeking to work with Him on the path for my life. Putting in the needed work to go farther and faster. Working towards God's plan is easier than working against it although both do require work.

No comments:

Post a Comment