Friday, April 27, 2012

Long Day

I was a substitute teacher today responsible for giving part of the NYS Math test again... which I'm still not a fan of. But despite the horrible start to my day (hitting a dog on the way to work who thankfully is ok), God turned it into a wonderful day. I was gone from before 8am until after midnight, but I know that despite my lack of sleep He will be glorified tomorrow.
I was able to leave subbing early today (while still getting paid) which allowed me to go to my other job and help monitor the research expo. While there I met with a few friends and saw lots of research that my friends had participated in. I also learned that people who can't tan (like me and other redheads) have more symmetrical faces. Since symmetry is usually more attractive, I'm just waiting now for my door to be knocked over by all the guys wanting me. Just kidding.
Anyway, I left there to go to my office, kinda deal with a few problems, then off to meet with a friend. After a great convo, I went to class, got dinner with another friend and hung out for a while before meeting a third friend. This last friend and I were able to have about 3 hours worth of conversation which was such a blessing to me. I learned alot about myself and her as well. So while my alarm is going to be set for about 5 hours after I go to bed and I'll have to wake up with less than 6 hours of sleep... today was worth it. God honoring conversations are the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment