This weekend so far I've had a new perspective on where I grew up. Today I got to enjoy a campfire (one of my all time favorite activities to do) while looking up at the stars. As I talked with two of my friends who roasted their first marshmallows and made s'mores I reflected on the many times I've made the s'mores around similar campfires. From attending camp to sleepovers with friends, prom night to visits home from college, and finally to working at camp and enjoying marshmallows at college (even in Australia), campfires are a great way to communicate and share in God's glory.
The stars tonight, which I can recognize many more of thanks to last night's open house at the observatory, reminded me that I am just a speak of light in the universe. I might be really far away from someone or something, but my light can shine anyway. It also flashed me back to my freshman small group as we read "It's Not About Me." That book reminded us that we aren't really shining ourselves, but instead reflecting the light of the Son, just as the planets reflect the light of the Sun.
Particularly since tomorrow is Easter, and secondarily since I'm working to improve my witnessing, I'm praying that I will get the chance to show that Jesus is the Answer and that He died for me and for those around me. I hope you share that prayer and understand that Christ is Lord over all the Earth and Heavens. Happy Easter!
No comments:
Post a Comment