Have you ever given blood and thought about how you are helping to save up to three lives? No matter what the pain/annoyance you know that it's worth it. Same thing with being an organ donor. I think it's the most disgusting thing to think of my organs being taken out of my dead body and put into someone else's so they can live. But, what good are the organs when I'm dead? Why should I keep things that I don't need when they can save another person.
So despite the fact that both giving blood and being an organ donor are disgusting, these life saving ways are my small part of helping carry on Christ's work. He gave His life for us, not just a few hours or our organs once we had finished them. No He gave us His perfect life when he was still young and could have continued. He died for us so that we can live. With that immense showing of love, how can we not serve our fellow humans by giving of things that we don't need?
No comments:
Post a Comment