Sunday, April 29, 2012

Not alone

The song left on my pandora station was Not Alone. As the semester draws to a close, I'm reminded of the fact that I'm never alone. I won't leave my friends alone and I know that they won't leave me alone either. Best part is that God will never leave me, even when I'm in my single apartment.
The other reason that this hit me so much lately was that due to the weekend being completely filled with drinking, it reminded me of the importance of friends. Now I don't drink and will probably explain that in a later post, but I still see the affects of alcohol. Yesterday I was eating late in the dining hall when I saw a guy sitting at a table alone puking on himself. He was out of it enough to not be moving in response to puking and couldn't leave when someone encouraged him to get out. I called University Police so that he could get help. He was taken by the rescue squad to the hospital, in addition to many other students who went there this weekend and more who will go most likely. Now if he had a friend to tell him to stop drinking before he got to the point of alcohol poisoning or to make sure that he got home safely instead of leaving him in the dining hall that would have made a big difference.
Friends are so important in our life and knowing that you can call someone and trust them to help you is crucial. I'm very thankful that I have people I can call if needed and also so blessed that my God is always with me! If you feel alone call me or even better, call on God. He's always there to listen to your call as he never sleeps. Thank your friends for being there for you and treasure the time you have them... never leave them alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment