Monday, May 28, 2012

Memorial Day

The parade today was my first in a long time. The last time I think I saw part of one in person was in Australia for ANZAC Day. Since I went to that dawn service and have the ANZAC values on my kitchen cabinets I think I need to get more into supporting American Veterans. While the values of Endurance, Sacrifice, Courage, and Mateship are very similar to those in our Armed Forces, I should support ours a little more.
I enjoyed the service this morning as wreaths were placed on the memorials for all of the veteran's who died fighting wars. The parade was quite slow often with a few minutes in between floats/walkers. But as I look forward to being able to celebrate the 4th of July for the first time in a few years, my patriotism is increasing. Maybe I'll even buy a flag shirt.

No comments:

Post a Comment