Saturday, May 26, 2012

Cleaning the House

From all of my lovely college friends I accumulated many things as they cleaned out and packed up. Some things I'm storing for someone else until next school year while others I'm keeping or passing on to whoever I feel like. A few things are handy to have over the summer like the extra chairs I've been using while writing my thesis.
However, they were taking up about half of my living room which was way too much. Now the entire section under my bed is filled with the boxes, but my living room is fully functioning just with an extra duffel bag in it. As I slowly work through cleaning all of my apartment to prepare to leave for the summer I decided to turn off my heat. This is easier said than done as the knob is really hard to turn. I tried and was unsuccessful. But as I was back there I noticed that a bird had gotten into the back part of my heater and fried. There are now bird skeleton pieces and feathers in the back of it. Gross... for those of you who don't know my heater is in the corner of my living room and takes up alot of space, but is not attached to the wall. I have no idea how this bird got in and find it very disgusting. I guess this is why we clean our apartments.
In the same manner sometimes it's important to do a thorough cleaning of our lives. We should check to make sure that something unclean hasn't snuck in and may start to spoil our witness. Just as it takes time and work to clean an apartment both regularly and on a larger scale a few times a year, we should do the same with our lives. Is your place clean?

No comments:

Post a Comment