As I'm writing this week I've been working to be able to accomplish alot of my thesis before I go to camp in 19 days. I have so many sections to do and the time is running out. I don't doubt that I can do it with God's strength though. With Him all things are possible. The changes in my own life, pushing through things I did not want to do and making it to the other side is important.
When I was at camp this weekend I worked in the kitchen. It felt really weird as I stood there with my nametag and staff shirt just waiting to replenish the buffet bar. I felt like I was above the job. The problem I realized though was I am called to be a servant no matter where I am. Nothing is too low for me. Yes there are many things I dislike doing and I do have jobs where I am hired as an upper level staff member. Regardless of my job though, I need to be humble enough to do any job. Christ washed his disciples feet which was the job of the lowest servant. If he could willingly do that then I should be willing to do anything, even dishwashing. I think part of my summer job is setting up chairs when it rains which could be interesting but it'll be like work crew at Basileia. Doing all of the jobs to the best of our ability and serving God through our attitude while doing it.
No comments:
Post a Comment