Friday, May 4, 2012

Measuring Up

This is 100% copied from a bright pink reminder I received while a camper at Penn York camp during high school (at snow camp or regular camp). I think it's worth sharing as it has lived in my Bible since then and helped me make decisions. "How Does it Measure up?" Is it expressly forbidden or commanded? (that settles it immediately.) 1. Is it beneficial or is it harmful? 1 Cor. 6:12 Is it helpful? 2. Will it master or control me? 1 Cor. 6:12 Is it habit forming? Will I become addicted? Will it control me, rather than me controlling it? Does it rob my self-control? Does it take all of my energy? 3. Will it cause others to stumble? 1 Cor. 8:9 Will it make my testimony more or less effective? Will it lead others astray? Will it destroy my witness? 4. Does it glorify God? 1 Cor. 10:31 Does it make God look good? 5. Could I picture Jesus doing it? 1 Peter 2:21 Ask yourself these questions when making a decision (even a simple one) and see how it measures up.

No comments:

Post a Comment