As Sunday approaches we begin to reflect on the impact that our mom had on us growing up and still today. I've been blessed with a wonderful mom who has helped me grow to become the person I am today. She's supported me and continues to support me as I go through more life changes. I'm thankful that I can call her my mom and sad that I will not be home for Mother's Day. At least I'll briefly be home on her birthday which is next Saturday.
Also Mother's Day bring to mind the many times I've had people call me Mom. Today, my 'kids' had a mini temper tantrum in the car as I was driving due to the fact that my apartment has no hot sauce for the mac and cheese... or hotdog. Nothing like driving along with your kids who are either taller than you (I reach one guy's shoulder) or shorter (she's at my shoulder). [To clear the air if you haven't been following my blog in the past comments on kids... they're all college students and these particular ones were within 2-4 years of my age... I have no legal kids.] As my children complained in the car, I made them dinner, then they wrestled by gender, I realize what a wonderful family I belong to. The family of God is awesome. I am blessed to be the mom for a number of these students, but they are my brothers and sisters in Christ. They are there for me and each other when we need someone to listen to us. They're around if we need extra food or someone to ask a difficult question to. Whatever is happening, I know that I have members of God's family to depend on and they know that they can depend on me. God never leaves us nor forsakes us. While we are all departing for the summer and longer for some, we are still in each others' hearts and still part of the same family. God's family is larger than this campus, it's larger than this country, it's all around the world! If I was Catholic, I would say Happy Mother's Day to Mary, but since I'm not... Happy Mother's Day Mom and to all of the women who are moms to someone even if not in a physical sense. Your efforts are appreciated by your children.
No comments:
Post a Comment