Today I walked into church super tired and not incredibly thrilled to be there as I really wanted a nap. But, I know the importance of attending church and fellowshipping with other believers. I also made a promise to myself freshman year that I could not skip church due to being tired if I stayed up of my own accord regardless of what time I went to bed. I could only miss if I was really sick or had to work really late (the year I was an RA, which was also the year my church had a Thursday night service). So this morning I trekked to church since I had chatted with friends and watched Netflix too late into the night.
I’m going through the process to be a church member (well transferring my membership up). This requires meeting with a deacon, then reading the articles of faith and remeeting with the deacon, then meeting with a few deacons, then getting voted on by all the deacons, and finally having a letter of transfer sent from my previous church to the new church. I had completed step one a few weeks ago and had not received the articles of faith to read. However, as I entered the sanctuary I was given them to read, which I managed to do as people moved around in the sanctuary. Afterwards we met individually, then gathered a few deacons together. So I’m all the way up to needing the vote (to happen Wednesday) and then hopefully becoming a member of the church on Sunday. I think some of the youth are part of the service then as well which will be wonderful. I love having a supportive church family and it was well worth getting out of bed for although I did take a nap after returning home.
No comments:
Post a Comment