If you drive up the streets of this town you see many piles of garbage. As people moved out of their apartments, the garbage that had laid around in the apartment for the ear people decided to clean out. Other things were deemed unworthy to be transported and got trashed.
If you look around my apartment though you will see many new things. I have a Christmas tree, two chairs, two boxes, a duffel bag and some 'new' food. I got all of this from friends, with other friends claiming a significant amount of it, to store in my apartment for the summer. Or in terms of the food, for me to eat. I believe that trashing something that is still working and good is just a waste. We have enough garbage in this country to add more to it, so reduce, reuse, recycle.
I'm going to enjoy eating my friends food which will help me keep my food challenge of not buying any groceries except milk, fresh fruit, and fresh veggies until I leave in June. This started in March and I'm proud to say that I only bought one half gallon of milk since then (and some veggies for a group dinner). One month to go!
No comments:
Post a Comment