Sunday, May 13, 2012

Baptism

Tomorrow I believe we are having more baptisms in church. It would be very cool to be baptized on Mother's Day, especially if your mom was watching. Last week we had four middle schoolers publicly show that they had become followers of Christ by immersing themselves in water. This act showed everyone in the church that they trusted God and were seeking Him. It reminded me of my baptism on my 11th birthday as I was about the same age as these students. While baptism is not required to go to heaven, it is an important public statement of our faith in Christ. In my church growing up it was commonly paired with becoming a member of the church. Tomorrow I will meet with the Deacons to work on transferring my membership from that church to the one that I now attend. I'm excited to become a member of this church, especially since I have been much more involved in the youth ministry this semester.

No comments:

Post a Comment