Friday, March 23, 2012

Weddings

Tonight I get to watch my first Australian wedding as one of my friends gets married. I'm very excited to see him get married and also to see what weddings are like there. The only time I've watched weddings is on tv shows and those aren't very realistic for what my friends would do.
This morning, in the hour between waking up at 8am and not allowing myself to get up that early on my day off, I drifted into the land of weird dreams. I slowly walked myself through the wedding, although this is a very different kind of wedding.
To start, everyone had the choice of walking the preferred route: a 2 mile walk/run or you could take the stairs up for a shortcut. There were dancers through the entire thing in big square circusstyle costumes of bright colors. The bride and groom walked in together, one right behind each other, supporting each other. And the ceremony itself took place mostly behind a curtain with the married couple coming out at the end to their guests still enjoying the reception like wedding. It was a very odd dream and I doubt the wedding tonight will be like that... nor should any in my mind.
I'm just super excited to see what the wedding is really like instead of what my semi-asleep dreams make it.

No comments:

Post a Comment