Sunday, March 25, 2012

Home

As I returned home tonight, I was reminded of the joys of having your own place to live. You have a place to store your things, to lay your head at night, and to cook your food. More importantly, you have a place to invite people over and to grow on your own. I love having people over and wish I had hosted more. The joy of being able to share an apartment (or house) with someone is powerful.
I spent most of the day today at someone else's house, enjoying the carpet, the pets, the sewing machine, and the comfy furniture. Most of all, I enjoyed the company of a bunch of people chatting about things concerning God.
While my apartment is no where near perfect, it is my home... and will be for about 3 or more years of my life. I get the downsides of paying bills and cleaning, but the benefits of having a warm place to call mine. I'm thankful for this apartment and look forward to living here for the unknown future.

1 comment:

  1. Note: This is the second of the three years... I only have plans through next May and they aren't even very solid.

    ReplyDelete