I'm in that awkward transition stage where I have my own temporary apartment, but still visit my parents at home. Yet recently as I have been referring to my parents place, I'm realizing that it's no longer my home for now. It's where I grew up and where I spend holidays, but other than a few weekends here and there I live in my own apartment. Plus as time moves on, since I've kept the same apartment for almost 2 years, soon start a third year, who can say that I don't live there. Home is where the heart is and where you are called to be. It's not the prettiest place you can live in or the biggest, or even the one where more of your stuff is. It's the one where you feel like you are supposed to be: where you are involved in the community and church, go to school, and work.
Over the past five years as I've lived in many different places, I've always called them home in one sense. Often just as an I'm going home (to my dorm room/apartment), not as the place where I truly live. Since my apartment is now my home, and my parents a spot where I can visit for short periods of time, I realize what God is talking about when He tells us He is going to prepare a house for us. We have temporary places here that we live, but whatever time we spend on earth is just fleeting in view of eternity. I know that Jesus is preparing a wonderful place for me to live for all eternity in heaven that will be far better than anything I could ever buy here. That is where my heart should really be, seeking after God until I can join Him in heaven in my eternal home. Where we live now is fleeting, but where we spend eternity is steadfast. I'm going to heaven when I die... Are you?
No comments:
Post a Comment