Thursday, March 22, 2012

Peace

Do you ever get the feeling that you have something to do? I hate knowing that I have things I need to do, whether it's homework, work for my job, cleaning my apartment, or seeing someone that it has been too long since I last talked to them. That being said, this week has been super stressful. I've had a 5 page part of my thesis due since Tuesday: that's still a paragraph long. My apartment is a mess, even to the point that it's annoying me with the clean and dirty dishes and clothes that haven't been dealt with since I got back from the weekend. My job's craziest week is next week which I have been preparing for since November. And my social life... my need for sleep has made it so that many of my friends I haven't seen since Spring Break (which was last week if I remember correctly).
That being said, I know now that all things will work together for good. I have tomorrow off and I'm not accepting any subbing jobs. I'll work on cleaning my apartment after sleeping in a little bit. I'll wait for another update on my paper, which my adviser thankfully gave me an extension on until I know for sure what my topic is. That saves me from writing a 5 page paper on a topic that's not going to be my final one, then rewriting the entire thing. And my job... I know that next week will be crazy with advising and the symposium, but everything that can be planned for has been and it will work out. As for friends, tomorrow is Friday which means I get to watch a friend in Australia get married then join InterVarsity for the night.
Surprisingly I have a peace about everything that's going on. Nothing is staying the same and I'm behind on some things, but everything is going to work out eventually. Maybe I won't see it right now, but God's in control of everything. The big things like work, school, life, and the small things like homework, what I should eat for dinner at 9pm, and everything else. Is He is charge of everything in your life?

No comments:

Post a Comment