Friday, March 2, 2012

Waiting Part 1

Today I realized just how impatient people are. We want instant answers, instant rewards, and instant responses. I know I dislike waiting on others and standing around before I learn what the plan is or if there is one. That's probably one of my biggest pet peeves. Kids like to see something quickly or be rewarded that day for their responses.
Technology has aided in giving us instant gratification or instant responses. Our computers are fast and can find answers on so many different topics without doing much work. We now carry our cell phone and I know I've gone back into my apartment after forgetting it just in case someone needed to get ahold of me. Now, let's think about what we text/call for and if those things really need instant answers or if we are just being impatient. Just now I had to wait a minute (or less) for my page to load as the rainbow circle spun around. Instead of just sitting and waiting, I decided to wait for about 20 seconds then got up to get more dinner. Anyway:
Not everything in the world gives us an instant response and God sometimes says wait to our prayers. We aren't the center of the world and God is in charge of everything so things don't go according to our plan.
Example: My 10 year plan as a junior in HS was to go to Geneseo for my undergrad then move to South Dakota with Teach for America. I would have a long-term relationship in this time and the only thing that would get in the way was if I got engaged/married.
Real Life: I did not even apply to Geneseo, am still in school getting my Masters, and still haven't had a relationship so marriage will not get in the way of Teach for America. Instead so many other things might... but I'm ok with it.
My five year, ten year, and often even one year plans have been changed massively and it's a constant struggle for me to be ok giving God complete control of my life's schedule and waiting on Him... but I'm getting ahead of myself as that's the topic of Part 2.

If you just can't wait until tomorrow, you can entertain yourself in the meantime with this link that I got off of someone else's facebook. http://thegospelcoalition.org/blogs/tgc/2012/02/13/5-signs-waiting-has-weakened-your-faith/ . I'm not making any promises that what I talk about will directly connect to this, or even indeirectly, but it's a good read regardless. I don't plan that far ahead of time. Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment