Today I felt like I was back in my undergrad days rushing from one activity to the next with each thing only being 2.5 hours or shorter. Yes, the day started off going out to eat, followed by 2.5 hours as a substitute, a quick lunch, a field placement, run to the store, a 30 min break, tutoring, work on campus, class, and cleanup of my office so it wasn't filled with back to back classes. Regardless, I really enjoy my more common days where I only have 3-4 things throughout the entire day and I don't have to remember where I have to be when. Simple is better I think.
Sadly, tomorrow is even crazier although I do now get a short break between 8am and 12am during which time I don't even have class, just a field placement and a pile of work to do.
So all of you undergrads... keep plowing on. Eventually you'll get to the place where you have 30-40 hours of work a week, a few classes, some social life, and fewer things to remember a day. Then you'll graduate and just have work, maybe a social life and family and life will be so much simpler. (I don't really believe that life will be simpler in the real world, but the number of different things to remember will be shorter).
Whatever happens God is in charge of planning each day and guiding my footsteps throughout the day.
No comments:
Post a Comment