Sunday, February 26, 2012

Attitude not aptitude

“SUCCESS BASED ON ATTITUDE,
RATHER THAN APTITUDE”
That's straight from my summer job information. As I fill out the remaining information about my job, I'm so excited to be working in an atmosphere where the attitude really means so much. After reviewing the camp video with my parents, I was reminded of why I chose to work at this camp in particular. Each staff member is part of a team with support from all sides and is a positive role model 24-7 to the kids. We'll encourage the kids to become better people and try new things. I can't wait to be part of a place with so many great opportunities to get involved. Plus the kids I'll be working with are the older ones who will have more options for what cool things they do, including more trips out of camp. While I don't know too much about my specific schedule, as I'm part of the programming team in charge of planning everything, it'll be amazing to see what can happen. While it's not a Christian camp, and no religious things happen there, I know that this is my mission field for the summer and how I'm supposed to use the gifts God has given me to serve others. The specifics I'll find out later!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment