Thursday, February 23, 2012

Friendships

Isn't it funny how the longer you know someone doesn't necessarily mean you are closer with them? Or how some people you can meet for just a few days then be able to keep up a great conversation with them regularly years later online? I know that throughout college I've been blessed to have some great friendships start. There are people that no matter how long we are together we are always able to find something to talk about. These friendships mean the most as you know that they are always there for you. Other friends, especially from Australia, I knew in person for a short time (sometimes as short as one day, other times as long as 3.5 months). Regardless of the length, I still feel super excited every time I get to talk to one of those friends, especially if it's been a long time. (The time conversion is not really helpful in keeping around the world friendships.) High school friendships and those with friends from college who have graduated seem to go into hibernation... they are on hold until the next time you think to call/text or get the chance to see each other. Then they pick right back up.
Although friendships are here for long term and short term, I know that God puts each person in our path for a reason. I've learned many things from my friends about what to do, what not to do, and who I am as a person. Through all of the friendships, I must say that having God in common is what seems to be the common denominator in the friendship lasting or being impactful. I can't wait to see what God does through my friends, and my friendships, in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment