Friday, February 24, 2012

Thunderstorms

I sit in my living room listening to the heat blowing, chewing on gummies, and enjoying the fact that I have both a fleece robe and a snuggie on to keep me warm. In the background I can hear the rain hitting hard against the windows and feel my second floor apartment move with the power of the wind. Regardless, I know that I am blessed to not be suffering with having to worry about a roof over my head or being warm enough. I also have enough to eat and have many people who care about me around the world... which still isn't the most important thing. God is on my side and protects me. He provides me with jobs to pay for things and to help impact the world. Without Him I would have nothing.

1 Ask the LORD for rain in the springtime;
it is the LORD who sends the thunderstorms.
He gives showers of rain to all people,
and plants of the field to everyone.
2 The idols speak deceitfully,
diviners see visions that lie;
they tell dreams that are false,
they give comfort in vain.
Therefore the people wander like sheep
oppressed for lack of a shepherd.
3 “My anger burns against the shepherds,
and I will punish the leaders;
for the LORD Almighty will care
for his flock
, the people of Judah,
and make them like a proud horse in battle.
Zechariah 10:1-3

As I spend time with people who don't have as much as I do (let it be know that I am not rich nor ever intend to be), I continue to feel blessed. The comments and heart of those people, no matter their age, is incredibly touching.
Yesterday, I was at a school that some of the kids I work with at church go to. One kid was so happy telling his class my name, asking if I was going to be his teacher, and telling me about why he missed the meeting. Today, I was in his class subbing for about 30 minutes and he again made sure that the whole class knew my name. Also, when they asked how he knew me, he bluntly stated... "She goes to my church." Right after that one of the students asked if I went to church so I got to tell them I do (which is kinda cool to get to say in a public school. Needless to say, I'm thrilled entering into this weekend knowing that God is before and will care for me always because He cares for his children. If you don't know of His love and care, please let me know and I'll share it with you cause I couldn't live without it.

No comments:

Post a Comment