Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Un-kosher

Yesterday I had the ultimate un-kosher meal: ham with broccoli, quinoa, and couscous (could have added cheese but it wasn't needed) with a lard fried potato chips. Yum. For those of you who don't know I'm going to be kosher this summer so I'm getting in all of the things I'm not allowed to eat ahead of time. Like today I had a bologna sandwich for breakfast, leftover ham for lunch, and hotdog pigs in a blanket for dinner. So kosher: no. However, Jesus came to take away all of the Law so I don't actually have to follow it. It's just a choice. This summer the camp that I'm working at only serves kosher food so I figure it'll be a great time to try being kosher. And after just two months I can easily switch back to enjoying my pork products. Note: I'm not going to follow all of the rules about when to eat dairy, like six hours after meat or whatever those rules are.

No comments:

Post a Comment