Thursday, June 7, 2012

Sharing is Caring

It can make the world go round. Speaking of round: I decided to share my bicycle for the summer with one of the Korean students who is still around. I figured that instead of it sitting tied up to my front porch while I'm not using it and not even in the state that she could get much better use out of it. Now she can bike to Walmart and around town instead of walking. It also reminds me of when I was in Australia and I got lent a pushbike from one of my Girl Guide leaders. I had been borrowing a bike that was too big for me and trying to share it with the owner in order to get to my field placement every morning. It wasn't working too well nor was it the safest. But once I got that bike I felt like I could go wherever I wanted to! I could more safely bike to my placement, plus go to class, church, and on random bike rides with friends. It was such a great experience. So I'm very excited to be able to pass along that benefit to another student so they can enjoy the ability to travel short distances without walking or relying on others. Yeah for sharing the gifts that God has given us!

No comments:

Post a Comment