Saturday, June 2, 2012

Greek Sushi

While eating leftover greek chicken with freshly made fried rice for lunch, I received a text from a friend asking if I wanted to go to the Greek festival about 45 min away. I responded that I would if we could go another 45 min to get sushi in Canada. She agreed. So we set off on a 1.5 hour trip with the goal to make it before sushi lunch ended (4pm).
We arrived in Canada at the restaurant about 3:50 which thankfully allowed us to save the $8 a person on our meal. We enjoyed the all you can eat sushi eating way too much. Then, because we could, we stopped at Niagara Falls to admire God's creation. Here I realized that I had told the Canadian border patrol the wrong license plate number. Thankfully it was close enough that they did not say anything and the US side did not ask that question.
We returned to the US after a nice chat with the border patrol and set off for the Greek festival. After stopping to buy a wedding present and staples at Target (where they were out of staples), we continued on to the Greek festival. The food there smelled wonderful, but despite being 4 hours after we left the sushi restaurant, we just got sweets to go. We couldn't even find the thing that had originally inspired us to go to the festival. So we returned home after an 8.5 hour trip to Canada for sushi and a quick trip to a Greek festival. Yummy food :)

No comments:

Post a Comment